Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Books Books and More books...

I have more books in my classroom library than anyone could dream. In fact, is it possible to have too many books? They take up sooo much space-- and I fear that mnay of them arent even TOUCHED by the students. Should I weed them out and get rid of the books that students arent interested in? My next question to ponder-- is how do I need to organize the books? For years I have organized them by genre-- and I promptly notice my boys going for the fiction, or the sports, or the graphic novels, where my girls tend to gravitate toward the fictional, realistic fiction chapter books and even the poetry. But now I am wondering, should I level all my books and put them into baskets according to level? Does anyone else level their books and group them that way for ease of students to choose books at their "level?"

No comments:

Post a Comment